This policy applies to information collected on NetActuate site www.netactuate.com and all affiliated websites that link to this Policy (collectively referred to herein as the “Sites”, “NetActuate”, “we” or “us”).
What Information Is Collected?
1. Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data from users of the Sites in several instances. Some examples are as follows:
- We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested and order confirmations (or other transactional information) and/or to provide customer service.
- We may collect information regarding the domain names that you own or have owned. This information is used to provide the services that you have requested and to suggest additional services that we believe you may be interested in.
- We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, zip code, and date of birth if you create an account with us. This information will be used to keep you updated about updates related to the Sites and any of the NetActuate Contracts or other agreements which are applicable to the products or services you have purchased or to which you have subscribed.
- We may collect your email address if you sign up to receive promotional emails from us. This information may be used to contact you about sales, special offers and new features available through the Sites.
- We may collect your name, telephone number, mailing address, zip code, and email address if you contact us with a question or request customer support from us. This information may be used so that we can respond to your question or contact you regarding your request.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you participate in a promotion (e.g., contest, sweepstakes) that we sponsor. This information will be used to fulfill the terms of the promotion and to contact you regarding promotional and special offers, sales, and new features available through the Sites. It will also be subject to the terms accompanying such promotion.
- We may collect your name, age, zip code, purchasing habits, email address and/or mailing address if you choose to participate in one of our on-line surveys. This information will be used to help provide us with relevant information about our customers.
- We may collect and maintain more extensive PII (including driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, social security numbers, etc.) if you are purchasing extensions (domain names) which require supporting documentation.
- Of course, you can update your information or change your preferences regarding receiving announcements and other information from us at any time by accessing your account via the Sites. (For more information, see below section entitled How Can I Access, Correct and Update My Personal Information?)
The above section provides examples of the Personal Data that we may collect through the Sites and the manners in which we may use such Personal Data. If you do not want us to collect your Personal Data, please do not provide it to us.
2. Non-Personal Data
You do not need to create an account with us to use the Sites. When you use the Sites, including by browsing our merchandise and/or contacting us with inquiries, we collect certain non- identifiable information (“Non-Personal Data”). The Non-Personal Data we collect includes, without limitation, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser information, other characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of our Sites, the time of your usage and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you. This information is used to analyze and to improve the Sites (including to help diagnose and prevent problems with our servers or our products or services), to administer our Site and to provide our customers with the best experience using our Site. We also may receive certain Non-Personal Data (including, without limitation, of the types set forth above) from various third parties. The Non-Personal Data we receive from third parties may be combined with the information we collect as specified herein, including Personal Data. If Non-Personal Data is combined with Personal Data, it may be viewed as Personal Data. However, where the data remains non-personally identifiable, it will still be viewed as Non-Personal Data. We provide additional information on our Non-Personal Data collection below:
While we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Sites, you have the ability to control the use and moderation of our cookies. However, if you elect not to allow cookies to be placed as provided herein, you may not be able to use or to enjoy all of the services and features of the Sites. Specifically, you can configure the settings (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your Web browser’s help section for information on how to do this.
How Can I Access, Correct and Update My Personal Information?
You can access, correct and/or update certain personal information that you have provided by logging into your NetActuate Account with your Access Codes.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
1. Personal Data
We may use Personal Data as necessary and to fulfill your requests, including in the following ways:
- Access and Use:If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Sites or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Sites or functionality and to monitor your use of the Sites or specific functionalities.
- Internal Business Purposes:We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including, without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites, to better understand our users, to improve the Sites, to protect against, identify or address fraudulent activities, to manage your account and to provide you with customer service and to generally manage the Sites and our business.
- Marketing:We may use your Personal Data to contact you for certain marketing and advertising purposes, including, without limitation, to inform you about offers, contests or surveys which may be of interest to you and to display content and advertising on or off the Sites which may be of relevance to you. If you wish to change or update your Personal Data or to change your subscription preferences, you may do so as provided herein.
- Specific Reason:If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or to attempt to resolve your issue and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
Do We Share Your Information?
- Order Fulfillment:If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other Personal Data provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:As noted above, we, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing.In connection with services those partners provide for us, we may provide or otherwise give them access to certain Personal Data, but we authorize them to use this information only in connection data security and privacy standards.
- Legal Requirements:We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites or the public, or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
- Other uses:If we intend to use any Personal Data in any manner that is not specified herein, we will inform you of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Personal Data is collected or we will obtain your consent subsequent to such collection but prior to such use. In short, we will honor the choices you make regarding your Personal Data and will inform you about any other intended uses of such information.
- California Privacy Rights:Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of PII that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, that law provides that consumers may request a copy of the PII that we hold about you. Consumers may also request information regarding the categories of PII that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request either a copy of the PII maintained by us about you or to request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us during the preceding calendar year pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at the below address. Please allow 30 days for a response.NetActuate Inc.
8605 Santa Monica Blvd #25273
Los Angeles, CA 90069
2. Non-Personal Data
As noted above, Non-Personal Data does not and cannot be used to personally identify you. We may use such information for any lawful purpose, including sharing Non-Personal Data with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. Examples of such Non-Personal Data include the number of users who visited the Sites during a specific time period or purchased a specific product or service through the Sites. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep My Information Secure?
We have implemented information security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal and Non-Personal Data. Even though we have taken and will continue to take significant steps to protect this information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate all security risks associated with Personal Data.
We use various security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, to protect information collected, transferred and retained. If you elect to set up an account on the Sites, you will be asked to provide an email address and password. You must provide a valid email address and password in order to create and maintain an account, as well as to access account information. We recommend you select a password with at least 8 characters and consider adding numbers or special characters to further strengthen your password. In order to help protect your personal information, you should be careful about providing your password to others and change it periodically. If you wish to update a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that we may store Personal Data or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or third party service providers. We take all commercially reasonable steps to protect the security and confidentiality of all Personal Data provided via the Sites from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and/or destruction.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Sites may not always be secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet or by email.
We do not and will not, at any time, ask you to provide your Personal Data or other personal information in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is one of our priorities. If you receive such an email, please contact us to bring it to our attention. For more information about about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding my Personal Data?
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data. We will honor the choices you make regarding your Personal Data. If you have created and maintained a NetActuate Account on the Sites, you will be able to sign in and update your account (including contact) information. You may also write to us at the address provided herein and update your contact information or to change your subscription preferences. In addition, you may:
- Limit the Personal Data You Provide:You can use the Sites and limit the Personal Data you provide either by disabling cookies or by not registering an account with us. If you choose to limit the Personal Data you provide and/or to disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain functionalities of the Sites. For instance, in order to purchase goods and services on the Sites, payment and shipping information must necessarily be provided.
- Manage your Subscription Preferences:We may send you information by email if you subscribe via your NetActuate Account. You further understand that consent is not a condition of purchase and that message and data rates may apply. Additional terms and conditions.Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving future promotional communications, you may, if you utilize the eCommerce features of the Sites, be sent certain transactional communications related to the purchase or shipment of items purchased. Thus, if you order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email or regular mail if we have questions about your order. Additionally, an opt-out will not remove you from messages that we are required to send under relevant laws or regulations.
- Third Party Advertisers:We may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies, to serve advertisements on our Sites and on third-party websites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to our Sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices.Please visit:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
The Sites may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by us (the “Third Party Sites”). The policies and procedures set forth herein do not apply to any Third Party Sites. The owners and operators of all Third Party Sites are responsible for all Personal Data and Non-Personal Data provided, collected, maintained, stored or otherwise disclosed on those sites, if any. The links on the Sites do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the Third Party Sites, including their privacy policies, if any. We strongly encourage contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
How Do We Respond to Do Not Track Signals?
Please note that our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information.
Is Information Collected From Children?
What if I Access the Sites from Outside of the United States?
April 12, 2016